Dr. Prashanth Hegde is a Specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Clinical Associate Professor in Thumbay Hospital & Faculty of Medicine at Gulf Medical University Ajman, UAE. He is trained & specialized in Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Surgery (Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy), Nondesent Vaginal Hysterectomy & Colposcopy. Dr. Hegde graduated from Mysore University in India in 1992. He completed his residency in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi India. He completed his Diplomate of National Board in 2004. Dr.Hegde worked as consultant in OBG and also as a Faculty of Medicine in India for 7 years.
Educational Qualifications: M.B.B.S, M.D, D.N.B, FMAS, FICOG
Areas Of Expertise:
- Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery (Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy )
- Nondesent Vaginal Hysterectomy
- High-Risk Pregnancy
International Conference Presentations
- Presented a paper at the 9th Singapore International Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology held in Singapore in August 2013.
- Presented a paper at the 9th European Congress of Menopause and Andropause held at Athens – Greece in March 2012.
- A paper at the International AIDS Conference held at Vienna in July 2010
- Presented a paper at the Indo-US Emergency Medicine Summit held in Mangalore in October 2008
- Presented a paper at the International Conference on Assisted Reproduction held in Manipal in December 2007
- Fimbrial-ovarian relationship in unexplained infertility. GynecolObstet Invest 2005; 60:128-32. Epub 2005 May 25.
- “Complete duplication of mullerian system with obstructive anomaly” International Journal of Gynaecology& Obstetrics – India: July- Aug 2006.
- “Uterus like mass of ovary with acute abdomen”–Journal Obs&Gynae Today September 2006.
- “Premenstrual syndrome”. Muller Journal of Medical Science and research, 2010:Vol 1;1:35.
- “Pelvic Actinomycosis–an unusual case–review of literature.” – The Journal of Obstetrics &Gynaecology of India 2010;60:6:524-526.
- Cervical ectopic pregnancy – Review. Muller Journal of Medical Science and research, 2011:Vol 2;1:57-60.
- Faculty development trend in medical education –Review.South East Asian Journal of Medical Education; Feb 2013
- Extragonadal Omental Teratoma- A case report.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research:ISSN:1341-8076: May 2013
Language Spoken: English, Hindi, Kannada & Tulu